Relocating AnzoGraph Directories
Follow the instructions in this section to designate alternate locations for certain directories included in the AnzoGraph installation. You have the option to relocate the persistence directory where the system saves the data in memory to the file system, the internal directory where the system saves database-related files such as logs and generated code, and the spill directory where the system saves any temporary query files that spill to disk.
You can change the settings described in this section at any time. Once you restart the database, AnzoGraph starts saving any new files in the directory locations that you specify. The system does not relocate any existing directories or files. You can move the existing files manually if needed.
- Stop the database. See Stop the Database and Leave the System Management Daemon Running for instructions.
- On the leader node, open the AnzoGraph settings file, settings.conf, in a text editor. The file is in the
- In settings.conf, uncomment the lines for any of the following settings. Then edit the value portion of setting=value to specify the desired directory.
- internal_directory: The directory where you want AnzoGraph to save internal database-related files such as generated code, logs, and query plans.
- persistence_directory: The directory where you want AnzoGraph to save data when writing data to disk.
- spill_directory: The directory where you want the AnzoGraph to save any temporary query files that spill to disk.
AnzoGraph uses O_DIRECT to read the spill files into the database. If you relocate the spill directory, make sure to place it on an ext4 file system that supports O_DIRECT.
- Save and close settings.conf.
- Restart the database to apply the configuration change. See Start the Database (the System Management Daemon is Running) for instructions.